Global NPTech Events
posted by Linh Nguyen
on May 27, 2016
Non-profit organization is taking a huge number among the businesses in the world nowadays. Since they are so crowded and never stop expanding to diverse industries, they need technology to got their backs. That is how NPTech community was born. Speaking of which, NPTech is short for Non-profit Technology, and this is a crucial group of tools that support so much work for the consortium. Hence, it appears to be more and more global NPTech events that gather attention from all around the non-profits technology community.
Let’s dig into the details of these events from international to regional.
International NPTech events
CLOUDSEC 2016 Take Control:
- Ticket Price: Free
In this high-tech world, it appears to be more and more danger for what we create in the Cloud. What they call cyber-attacks are, most of the time, caused online extortionists, hacktivists, and other threat actors. If your organization is a bit slow in terms of defense strategies, the solutions, and your people, you must make sure that you can overcome all challenges, threats of both today and tomorrow right this instant. You must TAKE CONTROL! That is why cloud security is so important for enterprises and CloudSec are where you can learn from the experts. This year, CloudSec 2016 brings you workshops that are presented by the biggest names in the NPTech Community and they will make it clearer how to step up against the struggles listed above.
- Time: August 5 2016
- Location: INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP, ETG Portfolio Hotels, 88, Century City Boulevard, Chengdu, China.
- Guest-speakers: Bob Flores – Founder & Partner of Cognitio Group; Jon Clay – Sr. Global Marketing Manager of Trend Micro.
- Time: August 11, 2016
- Location: Grand Hyatt, Mumbai, India.
- Guest-speakers: Brett Williams – former Director of Operations of U.S. Cyber Command IronNet Cybersecurity; Raimund Genes – CTO of Trend Micro.
- Time: August 16, 2016
- Location: Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila, Philippines.
- Guest-speakers: Bob Flores – Founder & Partner of Cognitio Group; Raimund Genes – CTO of Trend Micro.
- Time: August 24, 2016
- Location: Raffles City Convention, Singapore, Singapore.
- Guest-speakers: Brett Williams – former Director of Operations of U.S. Cyber Command IronNet Cybersecurity; Ed Cabrera – VP, Cybersecurity Strategy of Trend Micro.
- Time: August 25, 2016
- Location: 台北國際會議中心, 台北, 台灣 .
- Guest-speakers: Ed Cabrera – VP, Cybersecurity Strategy of Trend Micro.
- Time: August 26, 2016
- Location: HKCEC, Hong Kong.
- Guest-speakers: Charles Mok – Legislative Councillor (Information Technology) of Hong Kong Legislative Council; Myla Pilao – Director of Technology Marketing of Trend Micro; Timothy Wallach – Supervisory Special Agent of FBI.
- Time: September 1, 2016
- Location: Sheraton on Park, Sydney, Australia.
- Guest-speakers: Rik Ferguson – Vice President of Security Research of Trend Micro; Timothy Wallach – Supervisory Special Agent of FBI.
- Time: September 6, 2016
- Location: Fairmont Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Guest-speakers: Timothy Wallach – Supervisory Special Agent of FBI.
- Time: September 6, 2016
- Location: Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7UT, United Kingdom.
- Time: September 8, 2016
- Location: Ritz Carlton, Seoul, Korea.
- Guest-speakers: Bill McGee – SVP, Hybrid Cloud Security of Trend Micro.
Regional NPTech events
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time: Monday, June 20, 2016 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM (ICT)
- Location: The American Center HCMC – 8th Floor, Diamond Plaza 34 Le Duan Blv., Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
This session will provide past and present examples that drive future ideas. Topics include the economic, political, social, cultural, media, pop cultural, and other realities of the past and present that most influence future trends. The goal of this session is to provide attendees with the tools necessary to innovate through trend and context based foresight.
- Ticket Price: VND800,000 – VND100,000
- Time: Time: 28 – 29 May 2016 (from 8:00AM – 06:00 PM) (ICT)
- Location: UP Co-working Space, 8 th Floor, Hanoi Creativity City, 1 Luong Yen, Hanoi.
International Startup Meeting – ISUM is the FIRST AND ONLY INTERNATIONAL STARTUP EVENT for AIESEC Alumni globally – a unique AIESEC event gathering wantrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, investors and businesses for education, networking and inspiration. This year, ISUM 2016 will be hosted by AIESEC Alumni Viet Nam on the 28th and 29th of May, 2016 in Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
- Ticket Price: from SGD480.00
- Time: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 from 08:30 to 17:30 (SGT)
- Location: Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore
RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) accredits 118,000 professionals and any individual or firm registered with RICS is subject to our quality assurance. Our members are recognized by the designation after their name: MRICS (Member), FRICS (Fellow) and AssocRICS (Associate). Members with the designation MRICS or FRICS are known as chartered surveyors. We regulate and promote the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protect clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics, and provide impartial advice and guidance. This 2016, the theme is Managing the Challenges of Urbanization in the 21st Century.
- Ticket Price: SGD1,950
- Time: Wednesday, 20 July 2016 at 8:00 AM – Thursday, 21 July 2016 at 2:00 PM (SGT)
- Location: The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore – 7 Raffles Avenue, 039799, Singapore
Asia Pacific Growth, disruption and the infrastructure challenge migrating to the next phase of the IT revolution, ICT is the strategic enabler and lever critical to Asian growth. Consumption and Distribution models are changing, industry is transforming. Sprawling Applications and eCommerce demands more infrastructure capacity and leaner architectures. Obsolete legacy IT systems need renovation from the core to become agile and digital ready. Cloud brings flexibility with Security and Compliance risks. Massive Data Centre builds and Cloud adoption are flooding the region. The Summit endeavours to align the requirements of IT users with those resources being made available by DC builders and operators.
For more information, ACDC Strategy.com.
- Ticket Price: $2,980 (+$77.50 Fee)
- Time: May 28, June 4, June 11, June 18, June 25 from 5PM – 8PM (HKT)
- Location: Flat A, 10/F, Ka On Building, 8-14 Connaught Road West, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Please visit mtache.com for more details.
- Ticket Price: $2,080 (+$9.95 Fee)
- Time: Monday, August 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM and Friday, August 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM (HKT)
- Location: Vertical Distinct Training Centre, City Centre, Hong Kong
Software testing is increasing its status as a profession across the world, as businesses need to ensure that they have qualified employees, able to test ever more complex IT systems. The Advanced Test Manager qualification focuses on test estimation, planning, monitoring and control. Successful candidates can:
– Define the overall testing goals and strategy for the systems being tested
– Plan, schedule and track the tasks
– Describe and organise the necessary activities
– Select, acquire and assign the adequate resources to the tasks
– Select, organise and lead testing teams
– Organise the communication between the members of the testing teams, and between the testing teams and – all other stakeholders
– Justify the decisions and provide adequate reporting information where applicable
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
- Location: Minneapolis Club – 729 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402, United States
At the Social Enterprise Initiative (SEI) at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, we believe that much social, environmental, and cultural change begins in broad nonprofit rooms. As the sector continues to evolve, recruiting quality board members and helping those individuals succeed becomes especially important to the health of individual organizations and to the sector overall. At SEI’s Nonprofit Board Forum on June 14, we will convene a panel of social impact leaders from Twin Cities with expertise in everything from board management to fundraising, strategic planning to risk management.
- Ticket Price: $15 – $45
- Time: Friday, July 22, 2016 from 7:45 AM to 9:45 AM (CDT)
- Location: Impact Hub Minneapolis – St. Paul – 250 3rd Avenue North #550, Minneapolis, United States
Most people think of social media as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. But there are even more social networks, and they’re popping up daily. So, where do you start? In this class, we will teach you the basics of Facebook and Twitter. You will learn how to post content, analyze posts, and gain followers. Jabber logic classes are an affordable marketing alternative for nonprofits and small businesses. Each class offers the chance to learn new skills, collaborate with other local businesses and organizations, and complete a communications task for your organization.
Russia (East Europe)
- Ticket Price: $65 – $115
- Time: Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:00 AM – Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 4:30 PM (EEST)
- Location: Borsa İstanbul A.S. Conference Room – Reşitpaşa Mahallesi, Tuncay Artun Caddesi, Emirgan Sarıyer, Istanbul, 34467, Turkey
DevOpsDays is a technical conference, aimed at developers, sysadmins and anyone else involved in technology, whether expert or beginner. The person behind the idea of DevOps is Patrick Debois, who came up with this method of improving the code and cooperation. The term “DevOps” was popularized thanks to a series of “DevOpsDays” conferences. The first edition of this conference was held in Belgium in 2009. Since then, DevOpsDays conferences have spread across the whole globe.
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 10:00 PM – Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 5:00 AM (MSK)
- Location: Sokolniki Expo 5-iy Luchevoy prosek, Moscow, 107014, Russian Federation
Founded in 2008, All-over-IP is a networking platform for global IT, surveillance and security vendors, key local customers and sales partners where they share knowledge and exchange ideas that are financially rewarding for business. All-over-IP Expo brings together major brands to ensure the best marketplace for the latest technology and innovation, and to lead customers to the Next Big Thing.