NIFTIT Turns One
posted by Dom Benoscek
on Sep 16, 2014
This September marked the first anniversary of NIFTIT. As with most young companies, we are just now learning how to stand on our own two feet and avoid drooling all over ourselves. So, in our inaugural year, what has NIFTIT accomplished?
- Expanded the team to include team members from 3 continents and 5 countries.
- Gained 500+ followers on Twitter.
- Presented at SharePoint events across the Northeastern United States and in Vietnam.
- Became a PMP.
- Moved to a new office.
- Designed some beautiful things.
- Attempted to figure out “what is love?”
- Held meetings at every hour of the day.
- Drank ALL the coffee.
- Started the Brooklyn SharePoint User Group.
- Built, re-built, then re-re-built servers.
- Met some clients who became friends.
- Made some friends who became clients.
- Had an AppBattle.
- Became Made in NY℠.
- Forgot to sleep… for several days.
- Created the first cool Intranet.
- Traveled from Brooklyn to Vietnam and back again, three times.
- Built numerous web sites and web applications.
- Replaced the driver-side window on the NIFTmobile. Twice.
- Managed to keep each other laughing and motivated.
- Built some cheesy mobile applications.
- Learned how to give back.
The best part about our first year was that we got to experience it together as a team. We have been very fortunate to work with such an amazing group of talented, passionate, and dedicated people. A group that, while on their frequent web conferencing calls, has been friendlier and displayed more patience than any you are likely to meet.
We couldn’t have reached this point without the continued support that we have received from our partners, clients, and peers in the SharePoint community. Each of these groups has been critical to our success, and we look forward to the opportunity to show them how their investments in us will continue to exceed expectation.
There is much more traveling, blog posting, and web teching on the horizon. We look forward to the adventures ahead that will keep us delivering the best IT/SharePoint services to clients around the world. Thank you to everyone who has helped us reach this point!